Location: Auditorium Ivan Pictet B/Maison de la paix, Geneva
Description: The Graduate Institute's Centre for Finance and Development and the World Bank Group Geneva have launched a series of events on Financing for Development in Action. In this fifth event, we will discuss how to collect and analyze accurate data to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Presentation of the World Bank Atlas of SDGs 2018
- Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, World Bank Group Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda, United Nations Relations, and Partnerships
The World Bank has recently release the 2018 Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals. With over 180 maps and charts, the new publication shows the progress societies are making towards the 17 SDGs. The Atlas draws on the World Bank Group’s World Development Indicators, a database of more than 1'400 indicators for more than 220 economies, many going back over 50 years. These data are compiled from hundreds of national sources and over 50 international organizations from across the UN system and beyond. (Click here do download the pdf).
Panel Discussion on Harnessing Data for Development
- Dr. Jemilah Mahmood, Under Secretary General for Partnerships, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Professor Lubna A Al-Ansary, Assistant Director General for Metrics and Measurement, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Dr. David Nabarro, Director of Skills, Systems & Synergies for Sustainable Development (4SD)
- Dr. Luca Pupulin, Executive Director, IMPACT Initiatives
- Moderator: Professor Ugo Panizza, Director, Centre for Finance and Development, Graduate Institute Geneva
More info & Registration