Lunch Briefing | Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices
How can employment and entrepreneurship be more effective in reducing both poverty and inequalities in the so-called Global South?
This lunch briefing discusses how emerging countries are adjusting their employment policies and strategies to reach their development objectives. Speakers will address issues such as employment relations, entrepreneurship programs and poverty reduction, and youth unemployment. Discussions will be illustrated by the cases of three fast growing regional economies namely Georgia in the Caucasus, Vietnam in Southeast Asia and Nigeria in West Africa.
- Alexandre Dormeier Freire, DPP Director, IHEID
- Patrick Belser, International Labor Office, Senior Labor Economist, Lead Author of the annual Global Wages Report
- Obasi Onwuchekwa, Ikeoha Foundation (Nigeria), Programme Manager
- Ninh Thi Bui, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Vietnam), Head of Bureau for Employers’ Activities
- Mikheil Pakatsoshvili, Farming Association Elkana (Georgia), Project Manager